NCGA Member Card
Update 4/3/08: Through our contract with a third-party vendor we were promised the delivery of NCGA member cards in February. Our vendor has encountered problems with Visa since this is a new concept and is scrambling to get the cards processed. We are frustrated and are doing all we can to expedite this process. Golfers can still take full advantage of member benefits such as free clinics across the region and free Pebble Beach gate access when playing Poppy Hills. We have now been told the card will mail in a few weeks. We will keep you posted as new information comes to us. Thank you for your continued patience and we apologize for the delay.
A specific e-mail account is available for NCGA members with any questions regarding the card. Please e-mail your questions to the address below:
New for 2008: NCGA members will receive an NCGA member card – a traditional membership card with extra buying power. The card will provide significant member savings on the course and in the pro shops at Poppy Hills and Poppy Ridge as well as free entrance into any of the Pebble Beach gates on the day they play at Poppy Hills (please note, a starting time must be scheduled at Poppy Hills to receive this benefit).
1) The new card can be activated and used as a reloadable prepaid card. Members are not required to activate and load their membership card in order to receive NCGA membership benefits. If activated, it can be used in much the same way as a debit or credit card. For example:
- The new membership card has a Visa/MasterCard/Discover® log and can be used anywhere Visa/MasterCard/Discover® credit or debit cards are accepted as well as at all Plus system ATMs worldwide.
- Members can shop at more than 28 million locations where Visa/MasterCard/Discover ® is accepted.
2) The new membership card is NOT a credit card
- The NCGA membership card is a reloadable prepaid card loaded by members with money upon the decision to activate (members must choose to activate the card).
- Members can spend or withdraw the funds as they see fit, but can’t spend more than the current available card balance (overdraft is not possible).
- There are NO late fees or interest charges.
- Members can reload the card as frequently as they like by phone or online, and can even set up direct deposit from their current bank accounts.
3) When members activate and use their membership card for purchases, a percentage of what they spend comes back to support the NCGA and its programming, including the NCGA Foundation, youth programs and grow the game initiatives.
4) In addition to current benefits, the new membership card offers additional discounts, savings and redemption both on and off the golf course through:
- Cash incentives upon activation of the card
- Discounted & free golf and golf related merchandise & equipment
- Discounted association services, seminars & lessons
- Discounted travel, special travel offers & mileage rewards
- Discounts & rebates at name brand retailers
Retailers offering discounts include Apple iTunes, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Delta Airlines, Home Depot, Safeway and Target among others.
5) Members that activate their cards will also accumulate reward/loyalty points, redeemable through the NCGA members-only online mall, offering discounts and rebates specifically to members. Through the online mall, NCGA members will be able to:
- Activate their card and create and edit a user profile
- Check the card balance and reload the card
- Set up and maintain direct deposit
- Shop at the NCGA Members-Only Online Mall, which offers savings and rebates available exclusively to NCGA members
6) Additional social/business networking opportunities will also be available through the website, including blog and message boards.
Members will receive additional information upon receipt of their membership card, including an explanation of the program, instructions on how to activate the card and information about the online mall, including special discounts, rebates and promotions occurring when the card is received. A customer service center will be available by phone and through the website, 24 hours a day, to answer any questions members have about the membership card, activation and maintenance of their account, member benefits and the online mall.