Board of directors nominations
May 1, 2011
You are invited to recommend qualified candidates to serve on the Board of Directors for a term to commence January 1, 2012.
The Board is an active body that oversees the affairs of the Association. The Board is responsible for reviewing and approving policies and practices necessary to deliver an extensive offering of programs, benefits, and services to NCGA Member Clubs.
The Nominating Committee in evaluating applicants for the Board will consider the following qualifications:
- MEMBERSHIP. Applicants should have an understanding of the Association through an affiliation with an Associate, private or public Regular club and be a Member in good standing.
- RELEVANT EXPERIENCE. Applicants should have a broad spectrum of leadership, management, and advisory experience outside the boardroom. Consideration is given to applicants with demonstrated experience in the following areas: Charitable/Non-Profit Organization, Finance, Retail, Communications/Marketing, Fundraising, Golf Course Development/Management, Information Technology, Law, Personnel/Professional Development, Philanthropy, Public Service.
- PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES. The following are essential characteristics for each applicant: Accountability, Dedication, Flexibility, Integrity, Modesty, and Respect. In order to serve as a representative of the Association, applicants should have passion for the game of golf, a positive personality, no personal agenda, a strong work ethic, and the desire to aim for success.
- COMMITMENT. Applicants must be willing to commit their time to be available and accessible and have sufficient resources to execute their responsibilities. Annual obligations can consume 25-50 days; and, personal expenses can reach $1K-$10K.
To nominate an applicant, please submit ALL of the following items as a single packet by July 5, 2011:
- Director Nomination Form completed by the Nominator
- Confidential Director Application completed by the Nomine
- Nominee’s current professional resume outlining education, work history, accomplishments, volunteer service and past and current board memberships.
- The following items are also welcome: nominee’s current professional bio; letters of support
Mail materials to:
ATTN: M. Oliver
PO Box 1157
Pebble Beach, Calif. 93953
Or, fax materials to:
(831) 622-0160 – ATTN: M. Oliver
Or, attach materials to an e-mail addressed to: