2013 NCGA Board Nominations
You are invited to recommend qualified candidates to serve on the Board of Directors for a term to commence January 1, 2014.
Our Board of Directors is an active body that oversees the affairs of the Association. It is responsible for reviewing and approving policies and practices necessary to deliver an extensive offering of programs, benefits, and services to NCGA Member Clubs.
The Nominating Committee in evaluating applicants for the Board will consider the following qualifications:
- MEMBERSHIP. Applicants should have an understanding of the Association through an affiliation with an Associate club, eClub, private or public Regular club, and be a Member in good standing.
- RELEVANT EXPERIENCE. Applicants should have a broad spectrum of leadership, management, and advisory experience outside the boardroom. Additional consideration is given to applicants with demonstrated experience in the following areas: Charitable/Non-Profit Organization, Communications, Finance, Fundraising, Golf Event Management, Human Resources, Information Technology, Law, Philanthropy, Public Service, Retail and Sales and Marketing.
- PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES. The following are essential characteristics for each applicant: Accountability, Dedication, Flexibility, Integrity, Modesty, and Respect. In order to serve as a representative of the Association, applicants should have passion for the game of golf, a positive personality, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to success.
- COMMITMENT. Applicants must be willing to commit their time to be available and accessible and have sufficient resources to execute their responsibilities. Annual obligations can consume 25 or more days; and, personal expenses can reach $4,000.00 to $8,000.00.
For consideration, all of the following items must be submitted by June 30, 2013:
- Nomination Form completed by the Nominator
- Application Form completed by the Nominee
- Nominee’s current professional resume outlining education, work history, accomplishments, volunteer service and past and current board memberships.
- Letters of support are also welcome.
Resumes and letters of support can be sent via e-mail to email@example.com , or fax to (831) 622-0160, or regular mail to NCGA, Attention Malinda, PO Box 1157, Pebble Beach California 93953.
Every nomination will be considered in recommending replacements for any vacancies that occur on the NCGA, Poppy Holding, Inc. or NCGA Foundation Board of Directors.
Chris Clark, Chairman