NCGA Rules Quiz 2012
NCGA Rules Quiz 2012
Take the five-question quiz to test your knowledge.
Enter your 7 digit NCGA/GHIN Number
(Limited to one entry per member)
1. During the play of the 12th hole a player loses his last golf ball in a water hazard. What is the ruling?
A. The player is disqualified.
B. Without penalty, the player may borrow golf balls from anyone on the course.
C. Under penalty of two strokes, the player may borrow a golf ball from a fellow-competitor.
D. The player may discontinue play and take 15 minutes to return to the Pro Shop to purchase golf balls.
2. A player’s stroke from a bunker is deflected by a rake that is being held by his caddie. What is the ruling?
A. There is no penalty and the ball is played as it lies.
B. There is no penalty and the stroke must be cancelled and replayed.
C. There is a one stroke penalty and the ball is played as it lies.
D. There is a one stroke penalty and the stroke must be cancelled and replayed.
3. A player’s tee shot comes to rest on a slope. After he addresses the ball, the wind blows and causes the ball to roll and come to rest out of bounds. What is the ruling?
A. The player incurs no penalty and the ball must be replaced.
B. The player incurs a one stroke penalty and the ball must be replaced.
C. The player incurs a one stroke penalty and must play the ball from where it came to rest.
D. The ball is out of bounds and the player must return to the tee and play a ball under stroke and distance.
4. There is a bunker between a player’s ball and the hole. The player walks into the bunker to remove a rake on his line of play. On his way back to his ball, he rakes the footprints he made, restoring his line of play to its original condition. What is the ruling?
A. The player incurs a penalty of two strokes.
B. The player incurs a penalty of one stroke.
C. The player incurs a total penalty of four strokes.
D. There is no penalty if the player was doing so for the sole purpose of caring for the course.
5. A player may practice putting or chipping on or near any practice putting green between the play of two holes.